** the tour is not available December 29 – 31 (venues closed)
A half-day, three stage walking tour through Hiroshima covering visits to Shukkei-en Gardens, Hiroshima Castle, and concluding after a tour of Peace Memorial Park.
The feudal age classically modelled landscape gardens encircling a pond populated with carp and turtles; a beautiful oasis in downtown Hiroshima.
Walk through the grounds and a short tour of the Castle interior museum and splendid view from the top floor of the main keep.
Hypocentre (ground zero) to set the stage.
Atomic Bomb Dome, is the main focal memorial of the area.
Tour of monuments of Peace Memorial Park – Children’s Memorial, Peace Bell, Unknown Victims Mound, Korean Victim’s Memorial, Cenotaph, concluding at the Peace Memorial Museum.
Meeting Point: At Hiroshima Station – you will be advised of the specific meeting point at the station following confirmed registration for the tour.
Duration: 4 hours
– 9 AM Join group as notified
– A short walk to nearby Shukkei-en Gardens (literally translates as shrunken garden), and tour the grounds with its valley, forests, and views. Total time: approximately 45 minutes
– Continue on to Hiroshima Castle a short walk from the gardens and take photos and tour the interior museum of historical artifacts and information about Japanese Castles. Total time: approximately 45 minutes
– Continue on to the Hypocentre and begin a tour (learn historical facts and information and) then proceeds to the A-Bomb Dome a silent sentinel reminder of the folly of humanity, and from there a tour of other significant monuments and memorials in adjacent Peace Memorial Park
– The tour concludes at Peace Memorial Museum,where is displayed an extensive and interesting (if not quite disturbing) collection of photographs and personal items, materials representations in art of the remains of the A-bomb survivors and the devastation of the A-bomb, as well as the history of Hiroshima before and after the A-bomb
**I do not designate strict times of each component as timing often depends on the most comfortable pace according to the guest and it is flexible according to the day’s experience
Adult ¥260, College, High School Students ¥150, Junior High School, Elementary School Students ¥100, 65 years and older Free, **Combined ticket that includes admission to the adjacent Prefectural Art Museum (visit is not included in the tour)
Adult ¥370, High School Students ¥180, Junior High School Students and under free
Peace Memorial Museum:
Adults ¥200, High school students ¥100, Junior high school students and younger free
Kid Friendly: please enquire
Involves approximately 3.5 km (2.3 miles) with some steep paths/trails in one section at Shukkei-en, stairs necessary to view castle interior. This tour is not suitable for guests with limited mobility or guests who utilise a wheelchair due to transportation mode. Wear comfortable clothing. You will need comfortable walking closed-toe walking shoes.